The Jessie Ball duPont Center is dedicated to being a resource to all of its tenants looking to live healthier and more mindful lives. We are very excited to share an opportunity being offered exclusively to Jessie Ball duPont Center Tenants by your neighbors at the First Coast YMCA!
The YMCA is all about giving people a place to play, to learn, to be healthy, to eat well and give back. Everything the Y does is in service of making us better. In order to help each of us serve our communities in the best way possible, it is important that we take time to focus on us and achieve optimal health. The YMCA of Florida’s First Coast is offering all Jesse Ball duPont employees the opportunity to partake in their 8-Week Weight Loss Program, which is normally priced at $80, for only $10! Taught by a professional with an M.S. in Health and Wellness Counseling, the scheduled sessions include the following:
- Week 1: Healthy Eating – Understanding what food groups balance your diet, the value of nutrition, understanding food labels, tracking food choices, and how and when to eat.
- Week 2: Activity and Exercise – Benefits of activity in weight and health management, determining what works best for you, starting slow, and having fun while obtaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Week 3: Sleep – The optimal amount for various age groups, tracking habits, and tips for sleep success.
- Week 4: Healthy Snacking – Best times to snack, healthy food choices, and the importance of including various food groups.
- Week 5: Stress Management – Identifying its role in a healthy lifestyle, controlling stress-induced circumstances, and relaxation techniques.
- Week 6: Hydration – What liquids promote optimal health, the benefits of water to our bodies, and variations for flavor.
- Week 7: No More FAD Diets – Their role in fast, temporary weight loss, the differences between healthy and thin, and Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics recommendations.
- Week 8: Dining Out – Identifying healthy choices, understanding menu language, and optimal portions.
The sessions will be held every Wednesday from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm, starting March 1st. A schedule of session dates along with their locations is below. To register for the program, click here.
-March 1st, Lecture Hall
-March 8th, room 318
-March 15th, room 38
-March 22nd, room 318
-March 29th, room 318
-April 5th, room 38
-April 12th, room 318
-April 19th, room 318
Information on how to pay for the program will be sent out to all registrants prior to the first session.
We look forward to seeing you there. We plan on making 2017 one of our best years yet!
© 2015-2020 Jessie Ball duPont Center - Portal
App Build: 1.5132-release
Core Build: 19.09.25